Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Halloween Post...

Ok so here it is. The Halloween Post. A few pictures from our long, long day. We had a pretty good time. Parker had a party at school and then we trick-or-treated the cubicles at Nicole's office. After we finished up with that we had to make the rounds. First Grandma Susan, then Grandma Wise, The Caldwell's and finally on to Brooke and Dave's First annual Halloween party. It was a very busy night. We didn't get a chance to do the "normal" trick-or-treating to houses. We just ran out of time. Oh well I guess. There are plenty more years for that! Too bad though, it was a perfect night. Despite the sprinkling it was still 68 degrees at 10:30 pm, according to our car. That was a very pleasant change from the years of freezing temps and snow I remember so well! But I think the kids had a good time and they were able to do the trick-or-treating at Nicole's office so they still got their candy. I don't know what was wrong with me, or my camera, but none of the pictures I took turned out like I thought, hoped, they would. So, I am sorry for the poor quality, but here are some pictures anyway.

Leaving Nicole's office after trick-or-treating.

Here's the best shot of their costumes I had. The other's are too fuzzy.
If you can't tell, Parker is a "fisher-man", Ali is a Utah Cheerleader, and Garrett is a .....

Monkey! :)



This was a cool house in Orem where the owner's really dress up their yard. It was pretty cool. They also had character's running around in front of it too. There was a pretty good spectator crowd gathered, so it was obviously a well known attraction. They had some really cool stuff that looked right out of the movies/Disneyland.

Alison didn't really like it though..... she was pretty freaked out. Screaming and everything.

Here are 2 of the little monsters.

Brooke did a really great job with her party. There was tons of yummy food and great decorations. She even labeled all the food with different spooky names. ic: The chips were "Dragon Scales", the rolls were "swamp rocks", and the orange drink she made was "mummy mucus" of course that last one kept me from enjoying that drink. She made donuts and chili, and lots of other things. Great job Brooke! We had a good time and really enjoyed the snacks. Well, that pretty much sums up our halloween. Clayton and I just wore our halloween shirts and I tried to do a goofy hair-do but as you can see, there are no pictures of it because it didn't turn out very well!! Hopefully I can get a little more creative next year and start trying to have fun and enjoy it for the kids at least! :)

No comments: