Friday, September 17, 2010
School Started!
I am not really sure why I am bothering to do this, I don't think anyone really looks at it, except you Brooke. I think Faceb**k is a better way to stay up to date, with me anyway! But it looks nice and so here I am. My kids started school. Parker is in 1st grade now and goes for the entire day. I took it pretty hard the first week but I am now getting used to it. Alison started kindergarten. She LOVES it! I can't believe how excited and involved she has been. She is thriving! I am really starting to get accustomed to my 2.5 hrs of "quiet" time with my younger 2. Cam naps, Garrett watches "Caillou" and I get to do, anything. I have taken up fostering newborn animals recently and love it for the most part. A lady at the shelter called me a "glutton for punishment." When I hysterically brought in my poor little puppy that didn't make it. Wow was I a mess. I have never experienced newborn puppies so I was VERY excited, to say the least, when the call came in. They had a 5 day old puppy with a cleft palate for me to take care of. Well, I raced up to Salt Lake as fast as I could and cuddled the little puppy for the rest of the day. But in the morning when I got her up to feed her she was not moving or breathing and she was very limp. Basically dead. I freaked out!! I was able to revive her but just an hour later she was gasping for air and then died for reals. Then I really lost it. I drove like a crazy person, bawling and swearing and trying to revive her. I stopped at the local animal hospital to see if they could help. The vet came out and told me she was gone. Apparently there was a hole in her palate they had missed and she had aspirated and died most likely from pneumonia. Well then my drive to Salt Lake wasn't as fast but I was full on sobbing and hysterical. lol! What a sight! I got there and handed the poor little baby over with her things, got some hugs from sympathetic strangers and left empty handed. It was a really emotional experience and I am a little shocked and embarrassed by it. But, I guess I can react on that side of emotional too, not just the angry side! :) So Life is good, moving a long anyway. We moved, like you don't know that, but just in case, we love it in The Ranches and hope to stay close, if we ever get the chance to own a home again. The condo is perfect for us right now, the pool was so fun, and NO YARD WORK! It's a nice little vacation. The kids have awesome teachers and a great school so far. Thanks for reading, maybe sometime soon I will have some updated pics. Chau...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hahahaha I read to Jen....
Lol thanks... :P
And me! I too read your blog! Sorry about the puppy, I would have sobbed too! Glad everything else is going well!
About stinkin time! Now can you please post some pics on here for me!
Of course I look at it!!!!!!!!!! I get bored looking at people's pics on FB because they just are a blob of pics!
Post a Comment